Thursday, June 7, 2012

Digital Story & Performance Indicators Week 1 EDLD 5363

This assignment allowed me to combine all the tools and technical skills that I have honed during the past four courses. My Digital Story for Week 1 include the use of YouTube, audacity, MS Moviemaker, effective page/slide design, ISTE performance standards, personal wiki, personal blog, email communication, and team collaboration. I have found myself having fun exploring and experimenting as I build the products for this assignment.

The performance standards and indicators that will be covered in my Digital Story for Week 1 include:

TF-I. A.1, A.2, B.1 –I have to possess an awareness of the skills and knowledge pertinent to technology concepts as well as explore and choose technology tools that will effectively fulfill the assignment task(s). I must engage in online exploration, reading literature, and talking with peers to increase my awareness of current and emerging technology.

TF-II. A1 & A.3- Because I am employing the use of open source tools, my steps in completing the assignments assure that technology tools will provide equitable access to my peers. The planning and evaluating processes that include peer review of my script, access to my digital story, and email interactions, as well as Internet exploration are extremely valuable with expanding my awareness of current and emerging technology.

TF-V.A.1, B.1, C.1, C.2, C.8- The exploration and identification of tools to complete my assignment products help support my ongoing professional development. The reflective function of my blog is important to supporting learning and growth. The sharing of my script and links with peers and reviewing theirs allow me to model use of tools. Of course, my digital story product requires me to locate, select, capture, and integrate video and d digital images. The framework of the assignments continues to require that I explore, experience, and assess many tools and systems; this provides me with the ability to develop a strong list of tool preferences.

I believe that the opportunity to create a digital story helps me feel confident that I, along with my team, will be able to create a phenomenal video production. As a note, my greatest hurdle with the digital story was finding what Joe Lambert refers to as “a more organic and natural voice” (2007, pp. 3). Viewing others’ stories and reviewing Lambert’s interview questions really helped me along.


Lambert, J. (2007, February). Digital storytelling cookbook, 1-30. Story center. Retrieved April
                 4, 2009, from http://www.storycenter.org/cookbook.pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment