Tuesday, March 6, 2012

EDLD 5364-Web Conference Week 1

This web conference was unlike any that I had attended to date. The conference began at 4:00 p.m. with greetings from peers and professor. All was going well until glitches set in! Sound was lost, the professor was kicked off of the conference, many students were typing questions and others were typing answers; I became a bit overwhelmed. Some of the comments were confusing and without the professor, could not be clarified. When the professor was able to log in once again, she went back to the typed communications and answered students' questions and eased many of my concerns.

During this one hour web conference, the glitches and ensuing pile-on of questions and student responses, left me weary. I wanted to disconnect from the conference, but am so glad that I did not. Because I remained on the conference, I was able learn that our group project requires each member to choose one of the many diverse learning groups from the scenario and develop a lesson. Each member's part is connected to overall group project focus. This nugget of knowledge made the entire calamity worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment